Homework is an important component of the learning process. Parent/school partnership is vital to ensure students’ success in school.
The following guidelines will assist you in maximizing the benefits of home assignments:
- Provide a quiet work place free of distraction.
- Provide the necessary materials to enable your child to complete the assignments.
- Students should be able to complete the assignment independently. However, parents should periodically monitor their child’s progress.
- If your child is experiencing difficulty with homework, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Students’ written and study assignments should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Students will be assigned an additional 20 minutes of Accelerated Reading each night.
- On the night before a test, the focus of homework will be written and study assignments that prepare for the test.